ORANGETOWN, N.Y. – New York State Police troopers from the Tarrytown station assisted in convincing a despondent man on the Rockland County side of the Tappan Zee Bridge not to jump on Wednesday, June 11.
The troopers responded to a report of a disabled vehicle located on the Rockland County side of the Tappan Zee Bridge and found a man standing near the rail, according to a state police report.
"State Police quickly arrived at the scene and observed a 35-year-old man standing outside of a vehicle near the rail," the report read. "The man was despondent and expressed a suicidal intention."
Troopers talked to the man, who agreed to go with them, and moments later he was safely secured in a patrol vehicle.
Troopers then transported him to Nyack Hospital for evaluation.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Somers Skies Sunday
- 2 Downed Tree, Wires Cause Closure Of Route 118
- 3 Somers Soccer Star Named College Player Of The Week
- 4 Ridgefield High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying
- 5 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions