Updated 4:16 p.m.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Snow and ice are causing extreme driving conditions in many parts of Westchester County, with numerous spinouts and crashes causing backups.
Officials are urging motorists to exercise caution. The snow forced the closure of the northbound Taconic State Parkway between Route 132 and Peekskill Hollow Road in Putnam Valley, south of Pudding Street. It reopened at 3 p.m.
The storm system is expected to bring snowfall of 2 to 4 inches, according to the National Weather Service.
Tonight, temperatures will drop to a low of 24 with an 80 percent chance of new snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches.
According to Con Edison, the storm has yet to cause any significant power outages in the area. You can find out about your location by using their outage map.
Stay with The Daily Voice for additional storm updates, including power outages, traffic, and possible road closures.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Somers State Police Charge Woman With DWI At I-684 Stop
- 4 Christmas Light Shows Spread Holiday Spirit In Somers
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes