SOMERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers this week:
- A Somers High School junior varsity boys lacrosse player has been kicked off his team and suspended from school after shouting a racial epithet as several female African-American students earlier this month.
- Family and well wishers came Tuesday to the funeral of Somers resident Gary McKeon, who was found dead nearly a week after his disappearance on May 9.
- State Senator Greg Ball, through his lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, sent Assemblyman Steve Katz a letter threatening him with a lawsuit if he continues to imply Ball is under investigation for misusing campaign funds.
- Motorists experienced delays during Wednesday morning's commute on both I-95 and I-684. Two lanes were blocked on southbound I-95 between Arch Street (Exit 3) and the Connecticut border after an accident reported at 9 a.m.
- 1 Somers Woman Charged With DWI On I-684 In Bedford
- 2 Multiple Fire Departments Battle Two-Alarm Blaze In Somers
- 3 Bedford Man Charged With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin In Lewisboro
- 4 It's 'Hail To The Tuskers' As Somers Celebrates Girls Soccer State Title
- 5 Fire Rips Through Somers Carport, Injures Contractor