SOMERS, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to a close, The Somers Daily Voice is recapping some of the biggest stories of the past year.
Proponents of a dog park for Somers, who worked to stimulate interest, locate a site, get approvals and raise funds, finally saw the rainbow’s end when their goals were reached and construction bids were received. The total raised from donations came to $34,547.
The dogs of Somers can expect to have a hangout of their own on Route 100 in the spring, said Steve Ralston, superintendent of Somers Parks and Recreation.
“We’ve already received proposals for the fencing, and we’ll start as soon as the weather breaks,” Ralston said.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Two Charged During Route 35 DWI Checkpoint In Somers