SOMERS, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to a close, The Somers Daily Voice is recapping some of the biggest stories of the past year.
Proponents of a dog park for Somers, who worked to stimulate interest, locate a site, get approvals and raise funds, finally saw the rainbow’s end when their goals were reached and construction bids were received. The total raised from donations came to $34,547.
The dogs of Somers can expect to have a hangout of their own on Route 100 in the spring, said Steve Ralston, superintendent of Somers Parks and Recreation.
“We’ve already received proposals for the fencing, and we’ll start as soon as the weather breaks,” Ralston said.
- 1 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Yorktown Man Charged With Shoplifting Thermometers
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money