SOMERS, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to a close, The Somers Daily Voice is recapping some of the biggest stories of the past year.
Proponents of a dog park for Somers, who worked to stimulate interest, locate a site, get approvals and raise funds, finally saw the rainbow’s end when their goals were reached and construction bids were received. The total raised from donations came to $34,547.
The dogs of Somers can expect to have a hangout of their own on Route 100 in the spring, said Steve Ralston, superintendent of Somers Parks and Recreation.
“We’ve already received proposals for the fencing, and we’ll start as soon as the weather breaks,” Ralston said.
- 1 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Somers
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Somers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday