WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An accident on the Rockland County-bound Tappan Zee Bridge resulted in the closure of two lanes Tuesday morning before being cleared by the end of the morning commute.
Heavy delays continued in both directions even after the lanes were cleared.
The accident, which was reported just after 6:30 a.m. on the New York State Thruway (I-87), initially resulted in the closure of all lanes between Route 9 (Exit 9) and Route 9W (Exit 10).
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Somers Skies Sunday
- 2 Downed Tree, Wires Cause Closure Of Route 118
- 3 Somers Soccer Star Named College Player Of The Week
- 4 Ridgefield High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying
- 5 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions