SOMERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers last week:
- Somers High School graduate Lindsay Baker , a junior at Savannah College of Art and Design, won the 2014 National Championship Rider in the Novice Division at the American National Riding Commission National Championships.
- New York State Police from the Somers barracks charged a Mount Kisco man with driving while intoxicated, police officials said.
- Latino U College Access, founded by Somers resident Shirley Acevedo Buontempo , will honor exemplary Westchester County students from the Class of 2014 who are high achievers from low-income backgrounds and the first generation in their families to attend college at its graduation luncheon and celebration.
- Route 35 in Somers reopened after an accident closed the roadway in both directions.
- A 61-year-old Cortlandt man is recovering in the hospital after being hit by an SUV while cycling in Tarrytown, according to LoHud.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.