SOMERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers last week:
- Somers High School graduate Lindsay Baker, a junior at Savannah College of Art and Design, won the 2014 National Championship Rider in the Novice Division at the American National Riding Commission National Championships.
- New York State Police from the Somers barracks charged a Mount Kisco man with driving while intoxicated, police officials said.
- Latino U College Access, founded by Somers resident Shirley Acevedo Buontempo, will honor exemplary Westchester County students from the Class of 2014 who are high achievers from low-income backgrounds and the first generation in their families to attend college at its graduation luncheon and celebration.
- Route 35 in Somers reopened after an accident closed the roadway in both directions.
- A 61-year-old Cortlandt man is recovering in the hospital after being hit by an SUV while cycling in Tarrytown, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Somers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Somers
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Somers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Somers FD Supports Mahopac Falls Colleagues Battling Blaze