SOMERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers last week:
- Somers High School graduate Lindsay Baker, a junior at Savannah College of Art and Design, won the 2014 National Championship Rider in the Novice Division at the American National Riding Commission National Championships.
- New York State Police from the Somers barracks charged a Mount Kisco man with driving while intoxicated, police officials said.
- Latino U College Access, founded by Somers resident Shirley Acevedo Buontempo, will honor exemplary Westchester County students from the Class of 2014 who are high achievers from low-income backgrounds and the first generation in their families to attend college at its graduation luncheon and celebration.
- Route 35 in Somers reopened after an accident closed the roadway in both directions.
- A 61-year-old Cortlandt man is recovering in the hospital after being hit by an SUV while cycling in Tarrytown, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Somers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Somers Man Charged With Disorderly Conduct Charge By Yorktown Cops
- 5 Police Search For Suspect Who Reportedly Robbed Granite Springs Man