SOMERS, N.Y. -- WEP-USA, an international foundation, has announced the launch of its new Italian summer program brought to the area by longtime Somers resident Bob Lundry.
As part of this pilot program, 18 Italian high school students and their American literature teacher will visit Somers for three weeks beginning Sunday, July 13.
The students will live with the local families to experience the daily life of the American people. During the weekdays, they will have an enhancement program with English classes at the high school, day trips to New York City for museums and local attractions. The weekends are reserved for family time and rest.
Host families are asked to provide a bed (a room can be shared with a host child) and meals. The host family will explore magical Italy by interacting with a student, learning Italian and discovering Italy's beautiful culture. In return, the Italian students prepare delicious recipes to share with their hosts.
For more information and to review the
list of students’ profiles, visit wep-usa.org.
If interested, call Bob Lundry at 914-277-2294 or email at
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 3 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 4 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Granite Springs Group Home
- 5 Judge Orders Somers Businessman To Stay In Jail Until Trial