WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An outbreak of mumps at Fordham University continues to spread with 12 reported cases at the Rose Hill Campus in the Bronx and one case at the Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan, according to WABC-TV New York.
All of the cases involve patients who had received the mumps vaccine, but doctors said that the vaccination is not always effective, WABC reported.
All of the reported cases have either been isolated or sent home, according to WABC said.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents