WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An outbreak of mumps at Fordham University continues to spread with 12 reported cases at the Rose Hill Campus in the Bronx and one case at the Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan, according to WABC-TV New York.
All of the cases involve patients who had received the mumps vaccine, but doctors said that the vaccination is not always effective, WABC reported.
All of the reported cases have either been isolated or sent home, according to WABC said.
- 1 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown
- 2 Area Residents Remain On High Alert After Signs Of Bear In Yorktown
- 3 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 4 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 5 Cuomo Bans Non-Essential State Travel To Indiana