WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An outbreak of mumps at Fordham University continues to spread with 12 reported cases at the Rose Hill Campus in the Bronx and one case at the Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan, according to WABC-TV New York.
All of the cases involve patients who had received the mumps vaccine, but doctors said that the vaccination is not always effective, WABC reported.
All of the reported cases have either been isolated or sent home, according to WABC said.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Somers Skies Sunday
- 2 Bedford Hills Nurse Earned More Than $630K In Overtime
- 3 Ridgefield High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Somers