WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An outbreak of mumps at Fordham University continues to spread with 12 reported cases at the Rose Hill Campus in the Bronx and one case at the Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan, according to WABC-TV New York.
All of the cases involve patients who had received the mumps vaccine, but doctors said that the vaccination is not always effective, WABC reported.
All of the reported cases have either been isolated or sent home, according to WABC said.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Somers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Somers Man Charged With Disorderly Conduct Charge By Yorktown Cops
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures