WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Westchester County's unemployment rate fell to under 6 percent in November, according to the state Department of Labor.
The unemployment rate for Westchester was 5.5 percent in November, down from 6 percent in October and 6.8 percent in November 2012, according to the DOL. Westchester joined Albany and Columbia counties in having the seventh lowest jobless rate in November.
There were also 444,900 people employed in Westchester in November, up from 442,700 in October and up from the 438,400 reported in November 2012.
Putnam County’s unemployment rate of 5 percent was the second lowest in the state for the month of November. The Hudson Valley region unemployment fell to 5.8 percent in November, down from 6.3 percent in October and 7.1 percent in November 2012.
- 1 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Somers
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Goldens Bridge Residence