SOMERS, N.Y. – Here’s a look at events around Somers this week, including government meetings and community happenings. See our events listings for more events.
Monday, March 26
• Painting classes for adults – 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. In this second of a five-lesson series, students will learn the basics of watercolor painting from Cindy Sacks of the Westchester Watercolor Society. Future classes will be on April 2, April 23 and April 30. Enrollment is limited to Somers residents. Call the library to register. The fee is $20 per person. Somers Library, Reis Park, Route 139, Somers.
• Wine tasting – 7 p.m. Treat yourself to a sampling of wines from around the world, accompanied by appetizers and desserts. Proceeds will benefit the outreach program at Keon Center of Montrose and the St. Mary’s Food Pantry in Mohegan Lake. Admission is $30 per person, $10 for senior citizens. Church of the Good Shepherd, 39 Granite Springs Road, Granite Springs.
Tuesday, March 27
• Story time on the farm – 1 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. It’s story time on Muscoot Farm. People of all ages are invited to come and listen to stories of farm adventures. Muscoot Farm, 51 Route 100, Somers.
• Parks and Recreation Board meeting – 6:30 p.m. The public is welcome to attend. Somers Town House, 335 Route 202, Somers.
• Free movie screening – 7 p.m. HBO special “Iron Jawed Angels” illustrates the importance of voting and is appropriate for viewers age 15 and over. The event is sponsored by Somers Girl Scout Troop 2779. A question-and-answer session will follow. There is no charge. Somers Middle School Auditorium, 250 Route 202, Somers.
Wednesday, March 28
• Somers Planning Board meeting – 7:30 p.m. The public is welcome to attend. Somers Town House, 335 Route 202, Somers.
Thursday, March 29
• Somers Architectural Review Board meeting – 7:30 p.m. The public is welcome to attend. Somers Town House, 335 Route 202, Somers.