SOMERS, N.Y. -- Two women have been arrested in Somers in connection with a larceny report at the Stop & Shop, according to state police.
State Police from the Somers barracks arrested Patricia Ball, 51, of Mahopac, and charged her with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th Degree and Petit Larceny, both Class A Misdemeanors. A 17-year-old Mahopac resident was also charged with Petit Larceny during the course of the investigation on Thursday Jan. 23.
State Police responded to the Stop and Shop for a larceny complaint.
"Loss prevention advised police that they observed two female subjects conceal items in their bags," state police said. "The suspects then proceeded to exit the store, passing all points of sale, failing to pay for the merchandise."
Patricia Ball was also found to illegally possess several controlled substances, police said.
The two were issued appearance tickets ordering them to appear before the Town of Somers Court on Feb. 3.
- 1 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 4 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach