SOMERS, N.Y. -- Two women have been arrested in Somers in connection with a larceny report at the Stop & Shop, according to state police.
State Police from the Somers barracks arrested Patricia Ball, 51, of Mahopac, and charged her with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th Degree and Petit Larceny, both Class A Misdemeanors. A 17-year-old Mahopac resident was also charged with Petit Larceny during the course of the investigation on Thursday Jan. 23.
State Police responded to the Stop and Shop for a larceny complaint.
"Loss prevention advised police that they observed two female subjects conceal items in their bags," state police said. "The suspects then proceeded to exit the store, passing all points of sale, failing to pay for the merchandise."
Patricia Ball was also found to illegally possess several controlled substances, police said.
The two were issued appearance tickets ordering them to appear before the Town of Somers Court on Feb. 3.
- 1 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 4 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 5 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M