SOMERS, N.Y. -- Two women have been arrested in Somers in connection with a larceny report at the Stop & Shop, according to state police.
State Police from the Somers barracks arrested Patricia Ball, 51, of Mahopac, and charged her with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th Degree and Petit Larceny, both Class A Misdemeanors. A 17-year-old Mahopac resident was also charged with Petit Larceny during the course of the investigation on Thursday Jan. 23.
State Police responded to the Stop and Shop for a larceny complaint.
"Loss prevention advised police that they observed two female subjects conceal items in their bags," state police said. "The suspects then proceeded to exit the store, passing all points of sale, failing to pay for the merchandise."
Patricia Ball was also found to illegally possess several controlled substances, police said.
The two were issued appearance tickets ordering them to appear before the Town of Somers Court on Feb. 3.
- 1 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 2 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 3 Bedford Hills Teen Accused Of Defacing Historic Clock Tower
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Man Who Rear Ends Two Cars On I-684 Faces DWI Charge, State Police Say