SOMERS, N.Y. -- Chester H. Babbin of Somers, an executive vice president at Merrill Lynch for more than 50 years and lieutenant in the U.S. Navy who served during the Korean War, died on Monday, Sept. 1. He was 83.
A native of New York City, he served twice as Katonah Rotary Club president.
Babbin, who also lived in Mount Kisco, was predeceased by his wife, Susan Schwarz Babbin, and was the beloved husband of Kathleen Roberts Babbin for more than 36 years. He was the father of Elizabeth (Nicholas) Tucker, Douglas (Elizabeth) Babbin and Barbara (Timothy) Mulvey and the grandfather of eight. He was the brother of Norma Horowitz and the late Malcolm Babbin.
The funeral will be held 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 3 at Clark Associates Funeral Home, 4 Woods Bridge Road, Katonah. Burial will follow at Sharon Gardens, Valhalla.
- 1 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Somers
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Owner Plans To Sell 1 Pepsi Way With PepsiCo's Move Out Of Somers
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash