SOMERS, N.Y. -- Chester H. Babbin of Somers, an executive vice president at Merrill Lynch for more than 50 years and lieutenant in the U.S. Navy who served during the Korean War, died on Monday, Sept. 1. He was 83.
A native of New York City, he served twice as Katonah Rotary Club president.
Babbin, who also lived in Mount Kisco, was predeceased by his wife, Susan Schwarz Babbin, and was the beloved husband of Kathleen Roberts Babbin for more than 36 years. He was the father of Elizabeth (Nicholas) Tucker, Douglas (Elizabeth) Babbin and Barbara (Timothy) Mulvey and the grandfather of eight. He was the brother of Norma Horowitz and the late Malcolm Babbin.
The funeral will be held 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 3 at Clark Associates Funeral Home, 4 Woods Bridge Road, Katonah. Burial will follow at Sharon Gardens, Valhalla.
- 1 Somers Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Somers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Somers
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Somers; Blizzard Warning Issued