SOMERS, N.Y. -- Chester H. Babbin of Somers, an executive vice president at Merrill Lynch for more than 50 years and lieutenant in the U.S. Navy who served during the Korean War, died on Monday, Sept. 1. He was 83.
A native of New York City, he served twice as Katonah Rotary Club president.
Babbin, who also lived in Mount Kisco, was predeceased by his wife, Susan Schwarz Babbin, and was the beloved husband of Kathleen Roberts Babbin for more than 36 years. He was the father of Elizabeth (Nicholas) Tucker, Douglas (Elizabeth) Babbin and Barbara (Timothy) Mulvey and the grandfather of eight. He was the brother of Norma Horowitz and the late Malcolm Babbin.
The funeral will be held 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 3 at Clark Associates Funeral Home, 4 Woods Bridge Road, Katonah. Burial will follow at Sharon Gardens, Valhalla.
- 1 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown
- 2 Area Residents Remain On High Alert After Signs Of Bear In Yorktown
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Rollover Reported On I-684
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show