OSSINING, N.Y. -- Dorothy Fields Tompkins died Jan. 28 at her home at The Pines in Ossining. She was 101.
Tompkins was born Feb. 8, 1912 to William J. and Sarah Burdick Fields. She was a lifelong Ossining resident until moving to Somers in 1990, after the death of her husband, Theodore S. Tompkins, whom she married in 1938. In 2004, she returned to Ossining.
Tompkins graduated from Miss Fuller’s Ossining School For Girls in 1930 and Miss Conklin’s Secretarial School in New York City in 1931. She worked for over 45 years in a series of positions with a business publishing firm. She was an active parishioner of both the original St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in downtown Ossining and then St. Paul’s on the Hill, where the church moved in 1959.
A memorial service will be held March 29, 11 a.m., at St. Paul’s on the Hill, 40 Ganung Drive, Ossining, 10562. Contributions in her memory can be made to St. Paul’s on-the-Hill Endowment Fund.
Dorsey Funeral Home, Inc. in Ossining is in charge of arrangements.
- 1 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Somers
- 4 Owner Plans To Sell 1 Pepsi Way With PepsiCo's Move Out Of Somers
- 5 Mount Kisco Woman Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Bank Customers