OSSINING, N.Y. -- Dorothy Fields Tompkins died Jan. 28 at her home at The Pines in Ossining. She was 101.
Tompkins was born Feb. 8, 1912 to William J. and Sarah Burdick Fields. She was a lifelong Ossining resident until moving to Somers in 1990, after the death of her husband, Theodore S. Tompkins, whom she married in 1938. In 2004, she returned to Ossining.
Tompkins graduated from Miss Fuller’s Ossining School For Girls in 1930 and Miss Conklin’s Secretarial School in New York City in 1931. She worked for over 45 years in a series of positions with a business publishing firm. She was an active parishioner of both the original St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in downtown Ossining and then St. Paul’s on the Hill, where the church moved in 1959.
A memorial service will be held March 29, 11 a.m., at St. Paul’s on the Hill, 40 Ganung Drive, Ossining, 10562. Contributions in her memory can be made to St. Paul’s on-the-Hill Endowment Fund.
Dorsey Funeral Home, Inc. in Ossining is in charge of arrangements.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say