SOMERS, N.Y. – Dr. David C. Koo, a 38-year resident of Somers, died Jan. 27 at his home. He was 74.
Koo maintained a private physician practice in Somers for many years.
Koo was born March 8, 1938, in Shanghai, China, to Lan Sun and Si Mei Zee Ku. Educated in Shanghai and Hong Kong, he received a bachelor's degree from the University of Virginia and his medical degree from the University Of Virginia School Of Medicine.
An avid tennis player, he also loved swimming, especially in the ocean.
Koo is survived by his wife, Anne, of Somers; a daughter, Carolyn (Ashish Ojha) Koo, of Somers; two sons, Steven Koo, of Waltham, Mass., and Geoffrey Koo, of New York City; three brothers, Frank and Jack, both of Orlando, Fla., and Michael, of Roseville, Calif.; and two grandchildren.
Visitation is 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Clark Associates Funeral Home in Katonah. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph's Church in Croton Falls. Cremation will follow at Ferncliff Crematory in Hartsdale.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Salvation Army.
- 1 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway