SOMERS, N.Y. – Dr. David C. Koo, a 38-year resident of Somers, died Jan. 27 at his home. He was 74.
Koo maintained a private physician practice in Somers for many years.
Koo was born March 8, 1938, in Shanghai, China, to Lan Sun and Si Mei Zee Ku. Educated in Shanghai and Hong Kong, he received a bachelor's degree from the University of Virginia and his medical degree from the University Of Virginia School Of Medicine.
An avid tennis player, he also loved swimming, especially in the ocean.
Koo is survived by his wife, Anne, of Somers; a daughter, Carolyn (Ashish Ojha) Koo, of Somers; two sons, Steven Koo, of Waltham, Mass., and Geoffrey Koo, of New York City; three brothers, Frank and Jack, both of Orlando, Fla., and Michael, of Roseville, Calif.; and two grandchildren.
Visitation is 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Clark Associates Funeral Home in Katonah. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph's Church in Croton Falls. Cremation will follow at Ferncliff Crematory in Hartsdale.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Salvation Army.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Somers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Somers Man Charged With Disorderly Conduct Charge By Yorktown Cops
- 4 Halloween Parade Draws Large Crowd To Downtown Somers
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester