SOMERS, N.Y. – Dr. David C. Koo, a 38-year resident of Somers, died Jan. 27 at his home. He was 74.
Koo maintained a private physician practice in Somers for many years.
Koo was born March 8, 1938, in Shanghai, China, to Lan Sun and Si Mei Zee Ku. Educated in Shanghai and Hong Kong, he received a bachelor's degree from the University of Virginia and his medical degree from the University Of Virginia School Of Medicine.
An avid tennis player, he also loved swimming, especially in the ocean.
Koo is survived by his wife, Anne, of Somers; a daughter, Carolyn (Ashish Ojha) Koo, of Somers; two sons, Steven Koo, of Waltham, Mass., and Geoffrey Koo, of New York City; three brothers, Frank and Jack, both of Orlando, Fla., and Michael, of Roseville, Calif.; and two grandchildren.
Visitation is 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Clark Associates Funeral Home in Katonah. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph's Church in Croton Falls. Cremation will follow at Ferncliff Crematory in Hartsdale.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Salvation Army.
- 1 Somers Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Somers
- 3 Police Issue 75 Tickets In Distracted Driving Detail On I-684
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Somers, Blizzard Watch Issued