SOMERS, N.Y. – Eleanor M. Huber, a lifelong Somers resident, died Nov. 18 at her home. She was 70.
Huber was born Oct. 31, 1942, in North Salem to Joseph and Marion Russell O'Hearn. She graduated from Somers High School. She was married to Fred R. Shaw, who predeceased her Feb. 11, 2010.
She worked as a bookkeeper for Frebar Construction in Lincolndale for 30 years before retiring in 2010. Huber enjoyed knitting, reading, cooking and her work as a bookkeeper. She most enjoyed attending tag sales and spending time with her family and friends.
Huber is survived by a son, Chuck Huber, of Croton Falls; five siblings, Patricia Sadre, of Boston, Joan McDermott, of Brewster, Mary Costello, of Dover Plains, Joseph O’Hearn, of Somers, and John O’Hearn, of Brewster; and a granddaughter. She was predeceased by a son, Todd Huber, in 1981; and two sisters, Dorothy DelDuco and Sally Mason.
There will be a funeral service at 10 a.m. Saturday at Beecher Funeral Home in Brewster. Burial will follow at Ivandell Cemetery in Somers. Visitation is from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- 1 Mahopac Man Who Owns 3 Pet Stores Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Costco Eyeing Yorktown Opening
- 3 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 4 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 5 Somers' The Burger Barn Wins DVlicious 'Best Burger In Westchester'