SOMERS, N.Y. - George S. Gorman, Jr. died March 26. He was 81.
Gorman was born in Yonkers, N.Y., son of George S. Gorman Sr. and Helen G. Gorman. He was a graduate of Villanova University and a Marine Corps veteran. He owned and operated an independent insurance agency in Yonkers and Bronxville, for more than 40-years and was a part of the local community.
Gorman was a member of the Board of Trustees for St. John's Riverside Hospital in Yonkers and previously served on the Board for The Peoples Westchester Savings Bank. A member of the Ardsley Country Club for nearly 50-years and later in life became a licensed pilot.
Gorman is survived by five children, 10 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Kathleen Gorman.
Calling hours will be Saturday, April 6, from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Flynn Memorial Home, Yonkers, N.Y. A Memorial Service will begin at 11 a.m. in the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the St. John's Riverside Hospital in Yonkers, N.Y.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Somers
- 3 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported Near Route 138 In Goldens Bridge