SOMERS, N.Y. – James V. Sambucini of Somers died Jan. 24 at home. He was 76.
Sambucini worked as a teacher at Lincoln Hall School for Boys in Somers for 28 years before retiring. He then owned and operated Feed Barn in Brewster, N.Y., Mahopac, N.Y., and New Milford, Conn.
He was born Feb. 10, 1936, in Brooklyn to Oreste and Mary Folchetti Sambucini. He graduated from Abraham Lincoln High School in Brooklyn and received a bachelor’s degree from St. John’s University and a master’s degree from New York University.
Sambucini married Anna Conelli on Aug. 25, 1962, in Brooklyn. They lived in Somers for the past 45 years and were members of St. Joseph’s Church in Croton Falls.
A Mass of Christian burial was celebrated at St. Joseph’s Church. Beecher Funeral Home in Brewster handled arrangements. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or a favorite charity.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Two Charged During Route 35 DWI Checkpoint In Somers