SOMERS, N.Y. – James V. Sambucini of Somers died Jan. 24 at home. He was 76.
Sambucini worked as a teacher at Lincoln Hall School for Boys in Somers for 28 years before retiring. He then owned and operated Feed Barn in Brewster, N.Y., Mahopac, N.Y., and New Milford, Conn.
He was born Feb. 10, 1936, in Brooklyn to Oreste and Mary Folchetti Sambucini. He graduated from Abraham Lincoln High School in Brooklyn and received a bachelor’s degree from St. John’s University and a master’s degree from New York University.
Sambucini married Anna Conelli on Aug. 25, 1962, in Brooklyn. They lived in Somers for the past 45 years and were members of St. Joseph’s Church in Croton Falls.
A Mass of Christian burial was celebrated at St. Joseph’s Church. Beecher Funeral Home in Brewster handled arrangements. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or a favorite charity.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Police Investigate Assault With Baseball Bat In Yorktown
- 3 Route 35 Reopens After Downed Tree, Wires Lead To Closure
- 4 Mahopac Father Who Allegedly Hit Coach Faces New Charge
- 5 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says