SOMERS, N.Y. - John Rosario Carpi of Somers died June 1. He was 86.
Carpi was born Nov. 17, 1927, in the Bronx, to Valerio Frank and Giovanna Carpi, who had immigrated to the United States from Italy. He worked with an early electronics company, the Bunker Ramo Corporation, and soon moved up to a management position.
He established his own hearing aid dealership, in Hartford, West Hartford and Manchester, Conn.
Carpi is survived by his wife, Angelina; children, John of New Canaan, Anthony of New Canaan and Valerio of Westport; and eight grandchildren.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 4 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Clark Associates Funeral Home, 4 Woods Bridge Road, Katonah. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 5 at the Church of Saint Joseph, 95 Plumbrook Road, Somers. Entombment will follow at Gate of Heaven Mausoleum.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Somers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Somers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Somers FD Supports Mahopac Falls Colleagues Battling Blaze
- 5 Somers Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester