SOMERS, N.Y. – Joseph L. Rubsam of Somers died Dec. 28 with family at his side. He was 86.
He was born Aug. 31, 1926, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to John and Anna Siebert Rubsam. Raised in Ridgewood, Queens, Rubsam lived years in Glendale, Queens for more than 40 years.
He graduated from Yale University in 1947 and served in the Naval Reserve. He worked for Metropolitan Life Insurance Company for 41 years and retired as vice president and actuary in 1988.
Rubsam was a member of the Knights of Columbus and an active member of St. Joseph's Church of Croton Falls. He enjoyed travel, gardening, reading and crossword puzzles.
He is survived by his wife of 62 years, Catharine Heydner Rubsam; a daughter, Kathleen (Robert) Muleski; a son, Joseph (Catherine) Rubsam; a brother, John Rubsam; a sister-in-law, Mary Ann; and three grandchildren. A son, Robert Rubsam, predeceased him in 1986.
A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated Thursday at St Joseph's Church in Croton Falls. Clark Associates Funeral Home in Katonah handled arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association.
- 1 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Mount Kisco Woman Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Bank Customers
- 5 Owner Plans To Sell 1 Pepsi Way With PepsiCo's Move Out Of Somers