SOMERS, N.Y. - Marie J. Ginorio of Somers, formerly of Brewster and New Fairfield, Conn., died Monday, June 3. She was 90.
Ginorio was born Aug. 25, 1923, daughter of Vincenzo and Carmela (Pignatari) Martone. She taught CCD at St. Edward’s ‘The Confessor’ Church in New Fairfield, Conn., for many years.
Ginorio is survived by her daughters, Christine Cathcart of Hopewell Junction and Lucy Domingo of Furlong, Pa.; sister, Angelina DeVito of Danbury, Conn.; five grandchildren; and five great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Max Ginorio; daughter, Maxine Ginorio; and sister, Lucy Johnson.
A memorial Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 15 at St. Denis RC Church, Beekman Road, Hopewell Junction. A private cremation took place earlier.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Ginorio’s memory may be made to Autism Speaks, 1060 State Road, 2nd Floor, Princeton, NJ 08540.
Beecher Funeral Home, 1 Putnam Avenue, Brewster is in charge of the arrangements. www.beecherfuneralhome.com
- 1 State Police Charge Two During DWI Checkpoint In Somers
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase