SOMERS, N.Y. - Marie J. Ginorio of Somers, formerly of Brewster and New Fairfield, Conn., died Monday, June 3. She was 90.
Ginorio was born Aug. 25, 1923, daughter of Vincenzo and Carmela (Pignatari) Martone. She taught CCD at St. Edward’s ‘The Confessor’ Church in New Fairfield, Conn., for many years.
Ginorio is survived by her daughters, Christine Cathcart of Hopewell Junction and Lucy Domingo of Furlong, Pa.; sister, Angelina DeVito of Danbury, Conn.; five grandchildren; and five great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Max Ginorio; daughter, Maxine Ginorio; and sister, Lucy Johnson.
A memorial Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 15 at St. Denis RC Church, Beekman Road, Hopewell Junction. A private cremation took place earlier.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Ginorio’s memory may be made to Autism Speaks, 1060 State Road, 2nd Floor, Princeton, NJ 08540.
Beecher Funeral Home, 1 Putnam Avenue, Brewster is in charge of the arrangements. www.beecherfuneralhome.com
- 1 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Somers
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported Near Route 138 In Goldens Bridge
- 4 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show