SOMERS, N.Y. – Nora Shannon Montuori of Somers died Jan. 22 surrounded by her family. She was 83.
Montuori was born Sept. 28, 1929, in Bronx, N.Y., to John and Marie Shannon. She married William Montuori in the Bronx on Sept. 12, 1953. Montuori worked as a teacher at Irvington High School before retiring in 1994.
She is survived by her husband; four children, Marie Montuori Riffel, of Somers, Ann Darcy, of Carmel, N.Y., Joe Montuori, of Mahopac, N.Y., and John Monutori, of Carmel; a brother, John Shannon; and six grandsons.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Cargain Funeral Home in Mahopac. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph’s Church.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Somers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Somers Man Charged With Disorderly Conduct Charge By Yorktown Cops
- 4 Halloween Parade Draws Large Crowd To Downtown Somers
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester