SOMERS, N.Y. – Nora Shannon Montuori of Somers died Jan. 22 surrounded by her family. She was 83.
Montuori was born Sept. 28, 1929, in Bronx, N.Y., to John and Marie Shannon. She married William Montuori in the Bronx on Sept. 12, 1953. Montuori worked as a teacher at Irvington High School before retiring in 1994.
She is survived by her husband; four children, Marie Montuori Riffel, of Somers, Ann Darcy, of Carmel, N.Y., Joe Montuori, of Mahopac, N.Y., and John Monutori, of Carmel; a brother, John Shannon; and six grandsons.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Cargain Funeral Home in Mahopac. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph’s Church.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Somers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Somers
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Somers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Somers FD Supports Mahopac Falls Colleagues Battling Blaze