SOMERS, N.Y. - Orlando "Mondo" Nero of Somers died Sunday, May 25. He was 97.
Nero was born Sept. 21, 1916, in Mount Vernon, to Joseph and Filomena (Tucci) Nero. He graduated with honors from Fordham University in 1936, then after serving in the Army during World War II, graduated from Fordham Law School. He was a builder of custom homes in Westchester County for most of his career, then transitioned into real estate, until he retired.
Nero is survived by his wife, Irene; sister, Elizabeth Nero of Bronxville; children, Joseph Nero, Janet Nero and Lisa Ferrara; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 27 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Clark Funeral Home, 2104 Saw Mill River Road, Yorktown Heights. A funeral service will be held at 12:15 p.m. Wednesday, May 28 at Clark Funeral Home. Burial will follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery in Somers.
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 National Weather Service: Somers' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 15-Year-Old Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School In Yorktown
- 5 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud