SOMERS, N.Y. - Philip DeMase, most recently of Somers, and formerly of the Bronx and Cape May, N.J., died June 19. He was 79.
DeMase was born July 30, 1934, to Anthony and Mary DeMase in the Bronx. He served in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean Conflict. He was a retired bus driver with the New York City Transit Authority.
DeMase is survived by his children, Philip (Linda) DeMase of Yorktown Heights, John (Norma) DeMase of Somers and Rosemarie (James) DeMase-Jones of Dobbs Ferry; six grandchildren; and his former wife, Jean DeMase of Dobbs Ferry. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Saturday, June 21 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. at Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne. Interment to follow.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to www.woundedwarriorsproject.com
- 1 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Granite Springs Group Home