SOMERS, N.Y. - Rita Norman of Somers died Wednesday, April 3. She was 84.
Norman was born Sept. 23, 1928, in Philadelphia, Pa. She was the daughter of Samuel and Minnie (Fassler) Reitman.
Norman retired from the Ardsley Public Library after 25 years of service to the community.
Norman is survived by two daughters, Diane Norman of Montague, Mass., and Ondine Norma of Berkeley, Calif.; and granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Irwin Norman.
A Memorial Gathering will be held Sunday, April 7 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Clark Associates Funeral Home, 4 Woods Bridge Road, Katonah, NY 10536. A private entombment was held Friday, April 5, at Cedar Park Cemetery, Paramus, N.J.
Norman’s family will sit Shiva at 585A Heritage Hills, Somers, Sunday, April 7, from 3:30 to 7 p.m.; Monday, April 8, 6 to 8 p.m. and Tuesday, April 9, 6 to 8 p.m.
- 1 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case