SOMERS, N.Y. - Rita Norman of Somers died Wednesday, April 3. She was 84.
Norman was born Sept. 23, 1928, in Philadelphia, Pa. She was the daughter of Samuel and Minnie (Fassler) Reitman.
Norman retired from the Ardsley Public Library after 25 years of service to the community.
Norman is survived by two daughters, Diane Norman of Montague, Mass., and Ondine Norma of Berkeley, Calif.; and granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Irwin Norman.
A Memorial Gathering will be held Sunday, April 7 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Clark Associates Funeral Home, 4 Woods Bridge Road, Katonah, NY 10536. A private entombment was held Friday, April 5, at Cedar Park Cemetery, Paramus, N.J.
Norman’s family will sit Shiva at 585A Heritage Hills, Somers, Sunday, April 7, from 3:30 to 7 p.m.; Monday, April 8, 6 to 8 p.m. and Tuesday, April 9, 6 to 8 p.m.
- 1 Mahopac Man Who Owns 3 Pet Stores Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Somers
- 4 Former School Bus Driver Sentenced For Sexual Abuse Of 6-Year-Old Girl
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority