SOMERS, N.Y. - Rita Norman of Somers died Wednesday, April 3. She was 84.
Norman was born Sept. 23, 1928, in Philadelphia, Pa. She was the daughter of Samuel and Minnie (Fassler) Reitman.
Norman retired from the Ardsley Public Library after 25 years of service to the community.
Norman is survived by two daughters, Diane Norman of Montague, Mass., and Ondine Norma of Berkeley, Calif.; and granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Irwin Norman.
A Memorial Gathering will be held Sunday, April 7 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Clark Associates Funeral Home, 4 Woods Bridge Road, Katonah, NY 10536. A private entombment was held Friday, April 5, at Cedar Park Cemetery, Paramus, N.J.
Norman’s family will sit Shiva at 585A Heritage Hills, Somers, Sunday, April 7, from 3:30 to 7 p.m.; Monday, April 8, 6 to 8 p.m. and Tuesday, April 9, 6 to 8 p.m.
- 1 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 National Weather Service: Somers' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 15-Year-Old Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School In Yorktown