SOMERS, N.Y. - William F. Koegel, a resident of Somers, and Vero Beach, Fla., died Feb. 3. He was 90.
Koegel grew up in Bronxville and attended Williams College, in the class of 1944. He served in the Army during World War II. After graduating from the University of Virginia Law School in 1949, he joined the New York law firm of Dwight, Royall, Harris, Koegel & Caskey, retiring in 1989 as a senior partner and head of the litigation department (the firm then being known as Rogers & Wells). From 1952 to 2007, he resided in Scarsdale, where he was active in a range of civic affairs.
Koegel is survived by his wife, Irene Lawrence; sister, Ruth Macreery; sons, John Koegel of New York City (Lesley) and Robert Koegel of Rochester (Mary); step-children, Whitney Boynton, Thomas Boynton, Barbara Hinman, Beverly Orser, Geoffrey Lawrence and Amelia Kelly; four grandchildren; seven step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; a great-step grandchild; and seven nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his first wife, Barbara Bixler; and second wife, Ruth Swan Boynton.
A service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15 at the Hitchcock Presbyterian Church, 6 Greenacres Ave. in Scarsdale. Interment will take place at the Amawalk Hill Cemetery in Yorktown Heights.
- 1 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Man Injured In Fire At Somers High School, Chief Says
- 4 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says