SOMERS, N.Y. - William F. Koegel, a resident of Somers, and Vero Beach, Fla., died Feb. 3. He was 90.
Koegel grew up in Bronxville and attended Williams College, in the class of 1944. He served in the Army during World War II. After graduating from the University of Virginia Law School in 1949, he joined the New York law firm of Dwight, Royall, Harris, Koegel & Caskey, retiring in 1989 as a senior partner and head of the litigation department (the firm then being known as Rogers & Wells). From 1952 to 2007, he resided in Scarsdale, where he was active in a range of civic affairs.
Koegel is survived by his wife, Irene Lawrence; sister, Ruth Macreery; sons, John Koegel of New York City (Lesley) and Robert Koegel of Rochester (Mary); step-children, Whitney Boynton, Thomas Boynton, Barbara Hinman, Beverly Orser, Geoffrey Lawrence and Amelia Kelly; four grandchildren; seven step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; a great-step grandchild; and seven nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his first wife, Barbara Bixler; and second wife, Ruth Swan Boynton.
A service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15 at the Hitchcock Presbyterian Church, 6 Greenacres Ave. in Scarsdale. Interment will take place at the Amawalk Hill Cemetery in Yorktown Heights.
- 1 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 4 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach