SOMERS, N.Y. – Perry Shepherd, 23, of Lincolndale, was stopped on a traffic violation early Friday morning and accused of having 20 decks of heroin in his possession, police said.
The traffic stop was made on Argonne Road in Southeast by Trooper Robert Lombardi of the New York State Police, accompanied by his K9 partner, Dora.
Shepherd’s passenger, 23-year-old Jessica Cord, of Brewster, was accused of having seven decks of heroin and marijuana in her possession.
Shepherd was arraigned before Southeast Town Justice Gregory L. Folchetti and sent to Putnam County Jail in lieu of a $1,500 cash bond. He was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell.
Cord was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of marijuana. She was issued appearance tickets, returnable to Southeast Town Court on Jan. 31 at 1:30 p.m.
- 1 Somers Woman Charged With DWI On I-684 In Bedford
- 2 Multiple Fire Departments Battle Two-Alarm Blaze In Somers
- 3 Bedford Man Charged With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin In Lewisboro
- 4 It's 'Hail To The Tuskers' As Somers Celebrates Girls Soccer State Title
- 5 Fire Rips Through Somers Carport, Injures Contractor