SOMERS, N.Y. – Lincolndale resident Robert Yoxtheimer was charged by New York State Police in a home burglary that occurred about noon Sunday on Orange Drive.
The resident of the house was asleep on the ground floor when he was awakened by noises upstairs. He confronted the burglar, who immediately ran off empty-handed. The burglar was then seen getting into a car and driving away, police said.
After some investigation, authorities questioned Yoxtheimer about the incident and he admitted the break-in, police said.
He was charged with second-degree burglary, a class C felony. He was arraigned in Somers Town Court and was ordered held without bail in the Westchester County Jail.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Somers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Somers
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Somers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Somers FD Supports Mahopac Falls Colleagues Battling Blaze