SOMERS, N.Y. – Lincolndale resident Robert Yoxtheimer was charged by New York State Police in a home burglary that occurred about noon Sunday on Orange Drive.
The resident of the house was asleep on the ground floor when he was awakened by noises upstairs. He confronted the burglar, who immediately ran off empty-handed. The burglar was then seen getting into a car and driving away, police said.
After some investigation, authorities questioned Yoxtheimer about the incident and he admitted the break-in, police said.
He was charged with second-degree burglary, a class C felony. He was arraigned in Somers Town Court and was ordered held without bail in the Westchester County Jail.
- 1 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway