POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – A Level 3 sex offender who moved to Pound Ridge in the last few days was accused of talking with teenage girls on Facebook, which is in violation of his probation, Pound Ridge Police Chief David Ryan said.
Edward Campbell, 22, formerly of Mahopac, was arrested in his apartment Thursday. Ryan said he had electronic devices and other items prohibited under the terms and conditions of his release and probation, in addition to the sex offender conditions placed on him.
Ryan said an investigation revealed Campbell used Facebook and other social networking sites to communicate with teenage girls.
In 2012, he was convicted of having sex with a 13-year-old girl, a second-degree felony. He was sentenced to 10 years of probation.
Pound Ridge police turned Campbell over to Putnam County probation officers Thursday. He will be sent to Putnam County Correction Facility pending further hearings.
Pound Ridge Police are working in conjunction with Putnam authorities on this investigation.
If you believe Campbell contacted your child on Facebook or another social networking site, call Ryan at the Pound Ridge Police Department.
Ryan also reminds all parents to routinely monitor their children’s social networking sites.
- 1 Mahopac Man Who Owns 3 Pet Stores Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Somers
- 4 Former School Bus Driver Sentenced For Sexual Abuse Of 6-Year-Old Girl
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority