SOMERS, N.Y. – A school bus driver was injured last week when his bus, carrying 17 children, and a car collided at the intersection of Tomahawk Street and Lounsbury Drive in Somers.
Most of the students refused medical aid, but the bus driver was taken to the hospital, police said. The occupants of the car were uninjured.
The accident occurred Wednesday afternoon.
The Somers Police also reported the following incidents:
- A Lake Drive resident slipped on ice in his driveway last Wednesday and fell, injuring his left arm. The Somers Volunteer Fire Department responded, administered first aid and took the victim to Northern Westchester Hospital for treatment.
- Sparking electrical wires were reported Sunday near the intersection of Lake Shore Drive and Lovell Street. The Somers Fire Department responded and secured the scene, then notified NYSEG.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Somers Skies Sunday
- 2 Downed Tree, Wires Cause Closure Of Route 118
- 3 Somers Soccer Star Named College Player Of The Week
- 4 Ridgefield High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying
- 5 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions