SOMERS, N.Y. – A school bus driver was injured last week when his bus, carrying 17 children, and a car collided at the intersection of Tomahawk Street and Lounsbury Drive in Somers.
Most of the students refused medical aid, but the bus driver was taken to the hospital, police said. The occupants of the car were uninjured.
The accident occurred Wednesday afternoon.
The Somers Police also reported the following incidents:
- A Lake Drive resident slipped on ice in his driveway last Wednesday and fell, injuring his left arm. The Somers Volunteer Fire Department responded, administered first aid and took the victim to Northern Westchester Hospital for treatment.
- Sparking electrical wires were reported Sunday near the intersection of Lake Shore Drive and Lovell Street. The Somers Fire Department responded and secured the scene, then notified NYSEG.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Two Charged During Route 35 DWI Checkpoint In Somers