SOMERS, N.Y. – Several all terrain vehicles were stopped on Overlook Road earlier this month because operating ATVs on public roads is prohibited, police said.
Both drivers were minors, so police impounded the vehicles and issued summonses to the responsible parties.
A third ATV belonging to the group was located later, and the person responsible for that driver was identified. Police followed up.
Also from the Somers Police blotter:
• A Robb Drive resident was enjoying the warmth of his wood-burning stove on Wednesday when he noticed smoke backing up into room. Guessing that it might be a chimney fire, he called 911. The Somers Volunteer Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire with minimal damage to the house.
• A Woodcrest Terrace resident discovered last week that her mailbox had been damaged, possibly to the extent of $200. She filed a report with police, but was unable to state exactly when the vandalism might have occurred.
- 1 Somers Woman Charged With DWI On I-684 In Bedford
- 2 Multiple Fire Departments Battle Two-Alarm Blaze In Somers
- 3 Bedford Man Charged With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin In Lewisboro
- 4 It's 'Hail To The Tuskers' As Somers Celebrates Girls Soccer State Title
- 5 Fire Rips Through Somers Carport, Injures Contractor