SOMERS, N.Y. – Several all terrain vehicles were stopped on Overlook Road earlier this month because operating ATVs on public roads is prohibited, police said.
Both drivers were minors, so police impounded the vehicles and issued summonses to the responsible parties.
A third ATV belonging to the group was located later, and the person responsible for that driver was identified. Police followed up.
Also from the Somers Police blotter:
• A Robb Drive resident was enjoying the warmth of his wood-burning stove on Wednesday when he noticed smoke backing up into room. Guessing that it might be a chimney fire, he called 911. The Somers Volunteer Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire with minimal damage to the house.
• A Woodcrest Terrace resident discovered last week that her mailbox had been damaged, possibly to the extent of $200. She filed a report with police, but was unable to state exactly when the vandalism might have occurred.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Somers State Police Charge Woman With DWI At I-684 Stop
- 4 Christmas Light Shows Spread Holiday Spirit In Somers
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes