WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Somers barracks charged a Connecticut man with driving while ability impaired by drugs on Interstate 684 on Friday, Aug. 1, officials said.
George A. Velivasakis, 29, was allegedly driving on the shoulder of I-684 while trying to avoid an accident that was being investigated on Friday. Subsequent investigation, including an evaluation by a drug recognition expert, revealed Velivasakis to be operating the vehicle while impaired by prescription medications, according to state police.
Velivasakis is scheduled to appear in Town of North Salem Court on Monday, Aug. 11, troopers said.
- 1 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 National Weather Service: Somers' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 15-Year-Old Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School In Yorktown