YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A Yorktown and a Somers convenience store were each cited by New York State Police for selling alcohol to underage patrons as part of a sweep of the area, according to a release.
Store clerks who work at Baldwin Place Valero in Somers and the Shrub Oak Gas Mart in Shrub Oak were issued appearance tickets to the respective town courts for violating the New York State Alcoholic Beverage Control Law. The businesses will be subjected to further scrutiny by the New York State Liquor Authority.
Eight other stores that sell alcohol in Yorktown and Somers were found to be in compliance.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Two Charged During Route 35 DWI Checkpoint In Somers