WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Executive and gubernatorial GOP candidate Rob Astorino issued a pointed response on Tuesday to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's comment that Astorino's campaign was a lost cause, according to politico.com.
Astorino said that if Christie isn't interested in helping to get Republican candidates elected, then he should step down as chairman of the Republican Governors Association. Astorino went on to suggest that perhaps New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Christie were working together to protect themselves against fallout from the George Washington Bridge scandal, politico.com reported.
Christie made the controversial remarks while campaigning for Connecticut gubernatorial hopeful Tom Foley, politico.com said.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Somers Skies Sunday
- 2 Downed Tree, Wires Cause Closure Of Route 118
- 3 Ridgefield High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Bedford Hills Nurse Earned More Than $630K In Overtime