WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Executive and gubernatorial GOP candidate Rob Astorino issued a pointed response on Tuesday to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's comment that Astorino's campaign was a lost cause, according to politico.com.
Astorino said that if Christie isn't interested in helping to get Republican candidates elected, then he should step down as chairman of the Republican Governors Association. Astorino went on to suggest that perhaps New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Christie were working together to protect themselves against fallout from the George Washington Bridge scandal, politico.com reported.
Christie made the controversial remarks while campaigning for Connecticut gubernatorial hopeful Tom Foley, politico.com said.
- 1 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 2 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 3 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs