WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Executive and gubernatorial GOP candidate Rob Astorino issued a pointed response on Tuesday to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's comment that Astorino's campaign was a lost cause, according to politico.com.
Astorino said that if Christie isn't interested in helping to get Republican candidates elected, then he should step down as chairman of the Republican Governors Association. Astorino went on to suggest that perhaps New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Christie were working together to protect themselves against fallout from the George Washington Bridge scandal, politico.com reported.
Christie made the controversial remarks while campaigning for Connecticut gubernatorial hopeful Tom Foley, politico.com said.
- 1 Accidents On I-84, Somers-Mahopac Border Cause Delays
- 2 Somers Fire Department Assists In Battling Mahopac Blaze
- 3 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 4 Child, Infant Among Seven Involved In Southeast Two-Car Crash
- 5 Trooper From Somers Barracks, Canine Partner Graduate From Training