SOMERS, N.Y. -- Somers Town Supervisor Mary Beth Murphy recently received the Westchester County Independence Party endorsement in her campaign for County Clerk.
Murphy announced in March that she would be stepping down from her Town Supervisor position to pursue the County Clerk position. She also previously received the Republican and Conservative endorsements and is set to represent all three parties on the November ballot, according to a press release from the Westchester County Independence Party.
"The people of Westchester County deserve a County Clerk who is independent and will stand up for open government while protecting people's right to privacy," Murphy said in a press release. "It is an honor to be recognized as an independent voice who is beholden only to the taxpayers of Westchester County."
Westchester County Independence Party Chairman Dr. Giulio Cavallo praised Murphy.
"I strongly believe that Mary Beth Murphy will be our next county clerk," Cavallo said in the release. "The Independence Party strongly supports her message of fighting against unfunded mandates, modernizing the clerk's office through increased use of electronic filings and saving taxpayer dollars through shared services, something that has been severely lacking in the current administration."
- 1 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Somers
- 4 Owner Plans To Sell 1 Pepsi Way With PepsiCo's Move Out Of Somers
- 5 Mount Kisco Woman Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Bank Customers