CORTLANDT, N.Y. - Town Council member Richard Becker has received the endorsement of The New York Times in his bid for the Democratic nomination to represent the 18th Congressional District against incumbent Republican Nan Hayworth of Mt. Kisco.
The Times endorsed Becker over the man they see as his main competition, Sean Patrick Maloney of Beacon:
"Mr. Maloney has sound ideas and an endorsement from President Clinton for whom he worked as a White House aide. We are concerned about his work with former Gov. Eliot Spitzer. During an investigation of “Troopergate,” he appeared to be most interested in holding back the staff’s personal e-mails from investigators. We endorse Richard Becker."
Becker has been a Town Council member in Cortlandt since 2007. A practicing cardiologist, he worked at Hudson Valley Hospital Center as chief of medicine, president of medical staff and chairperson of the medical board.
In 2005, Becker founded Hospital Medicine Associates, a private practice that provides inpatient care for hospitalized persons and handles admissions and consultative services for Hudson Valley Hospital. Becker sold the practice but continues to treat patients in the area as a cardiologist.
- 1 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 15-Year-Old Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School In Yorktown
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway