TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – What do you think the new Tappan Zee Bridge should look like?
State officials released the details of three bridge designs on Wednesday. The New York State Thruway Authority will make the final decision Dec. 17.
The bridge selection committee is recommending Proposal No. 1, which would cost $3.142 billion and take five years and three months to build. The design would include the dredging of about 951,000 cubic yards of river bottom.
Proposal No. 2 would cost $3.990 billion. Construction would take about six years and would include the dredging of about 1.8 million cubic yards of soil.
Proposal No. 3 would cost $4.059 billion and take about six years to build. Dredging would include about 1.55 million cubic yards of river bottom.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust