This story has been updated.
SOMERS, N.Y. -- Members of the Somers Town Board endorsed Yorktown's Terrence Murphy for State Senate last week.
During Murphy's five-year tenure as a Yorktown councilman, he helped deliver the first tax cut in nearly a decade and followed it up with a second tax cut the following year, according to a press release from the Murphy campaign.
"Somers needs a leader with successful local government experience who will be an independent and principled voice in Albany," Somers Supervisor Rick Morrissey said in a statement. "Terrence has both the experience and integrity that our residents will not only be able to count on but partner with to bring about meaningful tax relief we so desperately need."
“Terrence is the independent leader who will stand up for Somers,” said Councilman Tom Garrity. “At the end of the day it comes down to doing the right thing for the people you represent and Terrence has proven time and again his commitment to honoring the public trust.”
- 1 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Somers
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Somers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday