This story has been updated.
SOMERS, N.Y. -- Members of the Somers Town Board endorsed Yorktown's Terrence Murphy for State Senate last week.
During Murphy's five-year tenure as a Yorktown councilman, he helped deliver the first tax cut in nearly a decade and followed it up with a second tax cut the following year, according to a press release from the Murphy campaign.
"Somers needs a leader with successful local government experience who will be an independent and principled voice in Albany," Somers Supervisor Rick Morrissey said in a statement. "Terrence has both the experience and integrity that our residents will not only be able to count on but partner with to bring about meaningful tax relief we so desperately need."
“Terrence is the independent leader who will stand up for Somers,” said Councilman Tom Garrity. “At the end of the day it comes down to doing the right thing for the people you represent and Terrence has proven time and again his commitment to honoring the public trust.”
- 1 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 2 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Somers
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported Near Route 138 In Goldens Bridge