“I would like to thank the Republican Party and thank all of the folks who voted for me,” Cirieco said Tuesday night. “Truth be told, my wife won the election. I ran as ‘Mr. Carol.’”
He will fill the seat vacated in March by Harry Bolton, who resigned for health reasons. Cirieco will serve the rest of Bolton’s term, which expires at the end of 2013.
“We need to think about what we need versus what we want," Cirieco said of his priorities. “I would advocate better service levels of utilities, especially after this last storm." He continued, "I am uniquely qualified in telecommunications. I have built networks all over the world."
Cirieco, 59, a Somers resident for 30 years, and his wife, Carol, have three children: Elizabeth, Jacqueline and Matthew. He has worked as a chief financial officer in the telecommunications industry for 25 years and is currently employed as an investment manager at Morgan Stanley in Mount Kisco. Cirieco is completing his sixth year as a Somers Board of Education trustee.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Somers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Somers Man Charged With Disorderly Conduct Charge By Yorktown Cops
- 5 Police Search For Suspect Who Reportedly Robbed Granite Springs Man