SOMERS, N.Y. — As the election approaches, The Somers Daily Voice is committed to bringing you complete election coverage. Check out the list below of who will be on your ballot and where to vote:
Who Is Running?
- U.S. President: Incumbent President Barack Obama (D) is being challenged by Mitt Romney (R).
- U.S. Senate: Incumbent Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D) is being challenged by Wendy Long (R).
- U.S. House of Representatives, Congressional District 18: Incumbent Nan Hayworth (R) is running for re-election against challenger Sean Patrick Maloney (D).
- N.Y. Senate District 40: Incumbent state Sen. Greg Ball (R) is running for re-election against challenger Justin Wagner (D).
- N.Y. Assembly District 94: Incumbent Assembly member Steve Katz (R) is being challenged by Andrew Falk (D).
- Somers Town Board: Anthony Cirieco (R) and George Dieter (D) are running for a vacant seat.
Where to Vote:
Somers has six polling locations:
- Districts 1, 7, 11 and 13: Somers Middle School, 250 Route 202
- Districts 9, 10, 14, 15 and 18: Heritage Hills Activity Center, 8 Heritage Hills Drive
- Districts 2 and 8: Amawalk Fire Station, 2513 Amawalk Road (Route 35)
- Districts 3 and 12: Church of the Good Shepherd, 39 Granite Springs Road
- Districts 6 and 16: Somers Town House, 335 Route 202
- Districts 4, 5 and 17: Somers Library, 80 Primrose St. (Reis Park)
The polls will be open on Tuesday, Nov. 6, from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Any questions? Call the town clerk’s office: 914-277-3323.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Somers
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents