SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Somers Board of Education will hold a public hearing to discuss adoption of veterans' exemptions in real property tax law at the Somers Middle School Library on Tuesday, Feb. 11 at 7 p.m.
This law will affect eligible veterans who served during a period of war or have received an expeditionary medal for assessment rolls prepared on the basis of the taxable status dates occurring on or after Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014.
- 1 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 2 Feed Barn Fire Near Somers Disrupts Neighboring Stores
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Somers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Halloween Parade Draws Large Crowd To Downtown Somers