SOMERS, N.Y. – The Somers High School Parent Teacher Student Association will award $1,000 scholarships to five seniors to assist with costs for college, vocational or trade school. To fund these scholarships, the PTSA relies on donations.
“We are proud to offer this program again in 2013,” said Scholarship Committee Chair Teresita Krueger. “Past recipients demonstrate a unique Somers identity – the desire to make a difference locally, regionally even nationally.”
Donations to the scholarship fund are fully tax-deductible. Any amount is greatly appreciated.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Somers Fireworks Postponed Until Sunday