SOMERS, N.Y. -- Somers High School student Chelsie Von Elm is taking part this week in the Envision National Young Leaders Conference being held through Saturday, July 19, in Washington, D.C.
Von Elm hopes to educate people about the epidemic of drug use. Coming from a family who has suffered with addiction, she hopes to educate people, stop stereotyping and get help for the people that need it the most.
Spencer Santini, also a Somers High School student, is working with Von Elm as well.
- 1 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 2 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 3 Bedford Hills Teen Accused Of Defacing Historic Clock Tower
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Man Who Rear Ends Two Cars On I-684 Faces DWI Charge, State Police Say