POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – Pound Ridge Golf Club – the daily fee Pete Dye design in Westchester County – climbed three spots to No. 3 in New York in GOLF Magazine’s 2014 edition of the “Best Courses Near You.”
Part of its biennial “Top 100 Courses You Can Play” in the United States, “Best Courses Near You” highlights the top tracks in all 50 states as determined by the magazine’s editorial staff and panel of well-traveled golf industry insiders.
Pound Ridge is the No. 2 New York City-area course, trailing only Bethpage Black, host venue for the 2009 U.S. Open and future site of the 2019 PGA Championship and 2024 Ryder Cup.
“GOLF Magazine has been a strong supporter of the course since it opened, and its panelists have an appreciation and understanding of modern golf course architecture,” says Ken Wang, Pound Ridge owner. “We believe the course is maturing brilliantly and will continue to evolve as a testament to Dye’s genius.”
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Man, Two Women Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Somers State Police Charge Woman With DWI At I-684 Stop
- 4 Christmas Light Shows Spread Holiday Spirit In Somers
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes