POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – Pound Ridge Golf Club – the daily fee Pete Dye design in Westchester County – climbed three spots to No. 3 in New York in GOLF Magazine’s 2014 edition of the “Best Courses Near You.”
Part of its biennial “Top 100 Courses You Can Play” in the United States, “Best Courses Near You” highlights the top tracks in all 50 states as determined by the magazine’s editorial staff and panel of well-traveled golf industry insiders.
Pound Ridge is the No. 2 New York City-area course, trailing only Bethpage Black, host venue for the 2009 U.S. Open and future site of the 2019 PGA Championship and 2024 Ryder Cup.
“GOLF Magazine has been a strong supporter of the course since it opened, and its panelists have an appreciation and understanding of modern golf course architecture,” says Ken Wang, Pound Ridge owner. “We believe the course is maturing brilliantly and will continue to evolve as a testament to Dye’s genius.”
- 1 State Police Warn Somers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Somers
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Somers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday