Lewisboro residents can sleep soundly after being named the No. 1 "Safest City in America!" for the second year in a row by SafeWise.
What makes the town of 12,000 so safe is there were only two crimes reported in 2016 with neither being violent or an assault or burglary, the website reports.
Another reason Lewisboro is tops is town officials are very public safety conscious and have such initiatives as "Are You Okay," that provides daily phone calls to older residents.
But Lewisboro wasn't the only area municipality to make the list, eight others managed to rate in the top 100 as well.
- Rye -- No. 13: Rye is also back for the second year, but this year has moved up six spots from No. 19 in 2016. As the first settlement in Westchester county, Rye is still a calm and peaceful with great police and plenty of public-safety related programs.
- Chappaqua -- No. 17: Founded in 1791, Chappaqua, has made news for being home to the Clintons, but now it’s making headlines for a vibrant downtown, low crime rate and projects aimed at exercise, health, green spaces, and revitalization.
- Kent -- No. 35: Kent is incredibly scenic with sprawling woods, lakes, mountains, and a variety of wildlife. In addition to the beauty, the town also focuses on safety and offers numerous classes ranging from safe babysitting to how to install car seats correctly.
- Harrison -- No. 50: Residents of Harrison like living there so much they that every year they throw an It's Great to Live in Harrison parade. Harrison earned its way back on the Top 100 list by enacting such program as Dark House, which allows residents to alert police if they are going out of town, along with several others.
- Sleepy Hollow -- No. 51: Today, Sleepy Hollow doesn't have to worry about any headless horsemen, with few property crimes and even less violent crime. The police department has helped bring crime down through community-oriented policing and foot and bike patrols.
- Bedford .-- No. 76: Just an hour from New York City, Bedford offers residents a safe place to live in addition to miles of trails to explore. The police department also works with residents to make sure that safety is the main concern.
- Carmel -- No. 80: Carmel has the largest police department in Putnam County, that helps keep crime down by advocating for the community to get involved in Neighborhood Watch, take Halloween safety courses, enroll in bike safety classes, learn about childcare safety tips, and more.
- North Castle -- No. 98: They might be towards the bottom of the list, but they still made the Top 100. North Castle is known for its fun social events, its Citizen Crops Council and residents who work hard to maintain peace and goodwill.
To read the entire Top 100, click here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.