SOMERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers last week:
- New York State Police arrested Colin Tullgren, 22, of Somers, on charges he used a stolen credit card at the Jefferson Valley Mall in Yorktown, officials said.
- The New York State Department of Health is advising parents and health-care providers to be aware of the signs and symptoms of a serious respiratory illness known as enterovirus EV-D68, which has now been confirmed in more than a dozen children in New York State.
- Seventeen Westchester County municipalities were ranked in Safe Choice Security's "29 Safest Cities" in New York.
- Three tellers from banks in Westchester County and the Bronx were indicted as part of an identity theft ring, according to prosecutors.
- With bus service likely coming to White Plains when the new Tappan Zee Bridge opens in 2018, local, state and federal officials are calling on the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to fund a new, 21st century train station for the city.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.