There will be temporary road closures in Yorktown on Wednesday night, June 20 as officials get set to celebrate the Yorktown Heights Engine Company No. 1 at its annual parade and carnival.
Yorktown Police Chief Robert Noble issued an alert to residents on Monday warning that beginning at approximately 6:45 p.m., several roads will be closed in the town through the conclusion of the parade’s route.
The parade will begin at 7 p.m. on Moseman Avenue by St. Patrick’s Church, heading to Hanover Road. They will then turn north on Hanover Road to Underhill Avenue, following Underhill Avenue north onto Commerce Street. The procession will then follow Commerce Street to Veterans Road and the parade will end at the Fire Department Fairgrounds.
“To provide for the safety of parade participants and spectators, the following roadways will be closed from approximately 6:45 p.m. through the conclusion of the parade:"
- Underhill Avenue between Hanover Street and Route 118;
- Commerce Street between Route 202/35 and Underhill Avenue;
- Veterans Road between Commerce Street and Maple Hill Street;
- Kear Street at Underhill Avenue;
- Downing Drive at Commerce Street;
- Hanover Road between Moseman Avenue and Commerce Street;
- Front Avenue at Underhill Avenue;
- Richard, Church and Harwood Place at Hanover Road.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.